
Cowboy Claus?
It was 20 below with snow on the ground when we went to move the cows
My boss on the bay with me on Studly; they were to be on swath grazing now.
But after moving them he pulled out a touque and a camera and calmed his horse down,
Said, "We're making a Christmas card with Studly and you, chasing a longhorn around."
As it was heading to Christmas with good cheer and such, he'd decided to send out E-cards,
And wanted to make them personalized, with horses, and cows, by his yard.
So he'd brought out a digital camera, and Santa touque for me to wear,
And though my pride wouldn't let me wear the hat, I took him up on his dare.
There's 2 trophy longhorns in the herd that travel wherever it goes,
I picked out TJ, trotted him out, and chased him around in the snow.
"Take him right by me, and I'll get the shot", my boss shivered with a grin,
"Circle him up, and chase him around, but hurry, so we can go in."
So I chased him by, then by again. I went by fast and slow,
but it's hard to be in just the right spot for the camera, and my horse was starting to blow.
Then I circled him up, then again, and again, the camera batteries were no longer good,
And Studly was tired, my boss was cold, and TJ was in a bad mood.
But the picture was taken, and a few weeks later, an E-card was in my inbox,
Showing me and my horse, chasing a longhorn with snow right up to his hocks.
Looking back now, it was worth all the effort, a story that i could tell,
but I get twinges of guilt for not wearing the touque. After all, it wasn't a fake belly and bells.
Sorry, Boss.
My boss on the bay with me on Studly; they were to be on swath grazing now.
But after moving them he pulled out a touque and a camera and calmed his horse down,
Said, "We're making a Christmas card with Studly and you, chasing a longhorn around."
As it was heading to Christmas with good cheer and such, he'd decided to send out E-cards,
And wanted to make them personalized, with horses, and cows, by his yard.
So he'd brought out a digital camera, and Santa touque for me to wear,
And though my pride wouldn't let me wear the hat, I took him up on his dare.
There's 2 trophy longhorns in the herd that travel wherever it goes,
I picked out TJ, trotted him out, and chased him around in the snow.
"Take him right by me, and I'll get the shot", my boss shivered with a grin,
"Circle him up, and chase him around, but hurry, so we can go in."
So I chased him by, then by again. I went by fast and slow,
but it's hard to be in just the right spot for the camera, and my horse was starting to blow.
Then I circled him up, then again, and again, the camera batteries were no longer good,
And Studly was tired, my boss was cold, and TJ was in a bad mood.
But the picture was taken, and a few weeks later, an E-card was in my inbox,
Showing me and my horse, chasing a longhorn with snow right up to his hocks.
Looking back now, it was worth all the effort, a story that i could tell,
but I get twinges of guilt for not wearing the touque. After all, it wasn't a fake belly and bells.
Sorry, Boss.
2 comments:
Next time, email me the picture and I'll photoshop the toque in.
Amazing, cute, sweet, adorable... seriously though very well done!
Post a Comment