My cousin showed up to have some fun one warm August day,
And I was all for some trouble, to dive into the fray.
We started with 3 pots of coffee, cause that's the cowboy way,
Then settled back to think awhile, "What're we gonna do today?"
He wanted to go ropin, but we had no steers,
And I had no money to travel, all spent on horses, I fear.
But as we sat and pondered, a sound did reach our ear,
T'was the hee-haw of my donkey, who was grazing near.
Well. We raced out to the barn, and threw leather on our horse,
Because although we had no steer, we could rope old donkey, of course.
My cousin was on his colt, and I was on my stud,
And we turned old donkey loose, out in the pasture, in the mud.
I went out first, and latched a head loop tight,
Pulled my slack, took my dallies, and settled for a fight.
But donkey just stood there willing, and good thing he did,
Cause cousin was having troubles and about to flip his lid.
Now before I continue my story, there's somthing you gotta know,
About old donkeys family jewels, and how they hung low.
Cause every donkey-man knows that a stud donkey hates a stud horse,
But I didn't know this, I ain't no donkey man, of course.
Anyways, cousin was working hard to get a handle on his colt,
and I was enjoying the clinic he gave with a kick, and jerk and a jolt.
As I watched the colt get learned, up the donkey did sneak,
and jumped up upon my stud horse, and became no longer meak.
He opened up his jaws, and closed them once again,
Upon my poor stud's neck and ruined both our zen.
Old studly took it hard, he didn't have a clue,
Why donkey would do such a thing, so he come unglued!
He took off bucking hard, and I swear I made 8 jumps,
But the ninth took its toll on me and I landed with 8 bumps.
Off went studly bucking, like the devil was his foe,
But my dallies held and he bucked on with old donkey still in tow!
Old studly come out of it fine, and i repaired shortly after,
And cousin brings it up a lot, accompanied with laughter.
But there is a part of the story that always makes my blue,
Cause within 24 hours, I was using old donkey as glue.
I miss that donkey.
2 comments:
Why did Karl buy a dashhound?
Someone told him to "git along,little doggie".
Do you have a glue factory in your back yard?
Post a Comment